Announcements

Sorry I was not able to post for at least three weeks… cos of e-learning and I couldn't think of the plot for the chapter

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chapter 4 - The Flame Tiger, Pyro Tigris

I stared at the shocked Tengu in front of me with eyes of rage as the Master Tengu starts to loosen its grip on me. I blinked, and everything I saw had turned into a fiery shade of orange in my eyes.


Without any warning, my body had started to grow, my weight shifted upwards and I fell onto all fours. The Master Tengu let go of his grip of me entirely as a tail grew out of me.


My face twisted and grew as my nose had turned into a snout and the muscles in my limbs multiplied. My ears had migrated up to the top of my head as orange and black fur sprouted out of my body, giving me a very tiger-like appearance.


I glanced into a nearby puddle of water and realised that I had indeed transformed into a tiger! But unlike a normal tiger, I also had eyes with a sclera of orange and a black long streak as my iris. My upper back heated up as I had realised that fire had started to spew out of my back and near the top of my head, down to parts of my lower back.


My tail grew heavy as I felt a metallic cold surrounding it. I drew it forward to look and saw that a huge black metallic blade had appeared onto my tail, making it a killer weapon against my enemies.


The Master Tengu had returned back to his underling to witness my mysterious transformation. I let out what had supposed to be a smile with a tiger’s mouth. Now both my targets were at one place, this is going to be a breeze…


With my liquid-steel muscles, I leapt across onto the Tengus in a flash, puncturing their hideous faces with my claws. The Master Tengu had tried to retaliate by striking me with his claws, but its now bloodied eyes gave it a poor judgement, making its attack slow enough for me to block it and further injure it with my bladed tail, but instead chopped the arm off entirely.


I smiled once more as the Tengus withdrew away from me, with the Master Tengu bleeding profusely. I dragged my blade on the concrete ground as sparks flew out, sharpening the blade while blood dripped down from it.


Instead of having an expression of fear, the Master Tengu smiled villainously, whereas the Tengu was shivering and knelt down to its superior. The Master Tengu let out a laugh, and commented, “Do you really think that you have defeated me?! Ha! There is a reason why powerful spirit beings like me have an underling following its master!”


Keeping its wild eyes on me, the Master Tengu reached out and ripped the Tengu’s head off and devoured it, and followed up with a bloody meal with the rest of the Tengu’s body, leaving just its black hat, which the Master Tengu then tossed it away.


Slowly, the Master Tengu had started to regenerate, its arm grew back, and its body further grew, its arms that of a wrestler and its royal robes ripped apart into a battle outfit. Wings outstretched, the Master Tengu flew up to the top of a single tree amongst many others in the nearby park, and disappeared with a blur and a wicked smile.


Chasing after it, I entered the park, with the atmosphere completely different and the battlefield darker. The flames on my back blazed, giving me the light that I had needed to see as I searched around for my opponent. Suddenly, my right shoulder was slashed, but no one was in sight. A howling laugh echoed through the park after a confused look appeared on my face.


This continued for sometime until I let out a heavy sigh, with flames spewing out from my nostrils. This gave me an idea that would turn the tables around. After another unforeseen attack, I let in a huge breath and breathed out through my mouth, and as expected, a huge breath of fire shot out of my mouth, acting like a flamethrower.


The trees surrounding me were sent ablaze, and after I had burnt the trees immediately around me, the Master Tengu appeared a few meters in front of me, injured and burnt.


With both of us heavily panting, the fight was finally even and fair. My body was covered with slashes and my opponent’s was burnt, we charged towards each other in one final attempt, as another attack from either of us would be impossible in our current state.


Everything that had happened afterwards was a quick blur, we were a frenzy of claws and blood, until I had finally stabbed the final blow, with my tail into the Master Tengu’s heart.


After which, the Master Tengu begged for mercy, as it started to disintegrate into dust and blow away. Simultaneously, the park had recovered it its original state, without a single tree burnt.


As I strolled out of the park and to the now-awakening Imp, I thought in my mind as I had transformed back, The only thing that I could name this being was, Pyro Tigris…

No comments:

Post a Comment